Skip to content
Female with lack of sex drive- Help!!
Anon_38151 posted:
What is wrong with me? My period stopped in Dec. of 2009 & I am 51. I know it's menapause but does this mean that I will not get aroused anymore? My OBGYN gave me 100mg of progesterone & 1mg of estradiol along with 1mg of a cream to rub inside my thighs but it's just not on my mind. I do not want to try something really intense because I do not want excessive hair growth that I have heard happens from too large a dose but I do still want to feel sexual. What are my options and is there something out there that is safe and will help me to get my groove back?

Anon_3001 responded:
Hormones and creams might help, but if the problem is that sex is just not on your mind, you can control that. Read some erotic literature, dream up some fantasies - just think about it!
If you have a spouse, be responsive to him, or come on to him, even if you don't really feel like it. My wife went through this 20 years ago, and basically has no libido. Luckily, I have enough for both of us. We are in our late sixties, and have sex about twice a week.

Net11 replied to Anon_3001's response:
Thanks for your suggestions. I am using a cream but I guess I need to have it increased. Guess I need to buy that book, 50 Shades of Gray,

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website