Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
STD / HIV risk
An_248452 posted:
I was recently with a stripper. My mouth and genitals both came in contact with her breasts. I immediately became paranoid, that someone else may have done the same earlier in the night, and that there may be some residue from bodily fluids. If that is possible, and she did not clean herself off well, is there any STD / HIV threat? I understand that HIV doesn't live well outside the body, and many STDs require direct contact. She did not have noticeable fluids on her, but I am likely not the first customer of the night and am quite worried now.

I understand that my risk is technically quite low, but if I am at risk of something, what should I get tested for, and how soon can I expect accurate results.

Also, am I immediately contagious?

thanks for your help in advance. I am quite stressed out about this and would like to take the proper steps.

georgiagail responded:
Your risk of HIV (even assuming someone with HIV put their genitals up to her breasts) is nil. The same is true with other STDs; however, if you remain concerned, consider getting some STD testing and stay away from strippers.

Gail

michaelsmith77 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi Gail,

Thanks for your post, its very reassuring. I am just curious, if someone had deposited their fluids on her before I put my mouth there, and then they dried, would there be any risk? My understanding is that even if there was semen from a previous partner, it would likely not live well outside the body.

Also, I have heard that Herpes can be transmitted from genitals to hand to genitals. Could the same be true for breasts?

georgiagail replied to michaelsmith77's response:
No, there would be absolutely no risk of HIV from this. HIV is a very delicate virus outside the body. When the medium it is in (i.e., blood, sexual fluids) dries, the virus dies. Both these bodily fluids tends to dry very quickly when exposed to air.

Gail

Thanks. There are a lot of posts of people who claim they got HSV 2 from genital to hand to gential contact. How early can you detect HSV if I were to get tested.

There is a facility in my area that claims they can test for everything accurately within 72 hours, but they are quite expensive. I am willing to spend the money to get peace of mind, but I'd like to make sure that the results are conclusive or atleast highly accurate and not a scam.

Peace of mind for what? You are willing to spend quite a bit of money over the fear that someone else may have laid their penis between this strippers breasts and they just happened to be HSV positive and sometime later you did the same thing and now you are infected?

Does this sound rather crazy to you?

You yourself said this person has no noticeable fluids there.

Please stop worrying about this non-risk event.

Gail

michaelsmith77 replied to michaelsmith77's response:
I've been told 2 weeks is a good time to get fairly accurate results?

No, not for HSV. Three months.

Gail

I also have heard 2 weeks will give fairly accurate results, I think its an IGG or IGM? test? That is a what multiple services that sell std testing say. Some even say 72 hours after exposure is sometimes enough time to see if there hsa been new exposure.

It sounds like the acts described above are low risk for any STD. There are some posts on here however claiming that they got HSV from Genital to Hand to Genital contact. Just curious how common that is, or is it more theoretical?

(Sigh)....go and pay good money to get tested for this non-risk event.

Nothing I tell you regarding this will help you change your mind.

Gail

Sorry, Gail, not trying to offend you. There is a lot of conflicting info. My GP, STD hotline people I have spoken to on the phone, and you have all been kind enough to offer help, and that is appreciated. However, the information sometimes conflicts and when you are in a high stress situation its sometimes dificult to figure out who to trust.

Thanks for all of your help.

What you have described (i.e., HSV transmission from genital to hand contact) involves LIQUID sexual fluids, not some concern that someone in the past laid their penis between this strippers breasts and they just happened to be HSV positive and left some now-dried fluid in that area.

You were not in a high stress situation, except in your own mind. The only thing you did that evening was nibble on her breasts and place your penis between them. This is NOT a risk for either HIV nor HSV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website