Skip to content
Not sure what happened?
An_248475 posted:
The other night I was enjoying having sex with a great guy. We always use condoms but this time something happened that left me quite puzzled. My whole body tensed and started to cramp up. It didn't bother me at first but then it got to the point I couldn't move at all. My hands were totally useless and I couldn't use them. Then my tongue started to swell and I couldn't talk. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had anything like this happen to them before? I feel a little naive asking about this, but it has me a little concerned.

fcl responded:
Is it possible that this was the first time he used condoms made from latex? This sounds like an allergic reaction. Or was this the first time he used condoms with spermicide? Ask him what had changed in the condoms he was using.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

dfromspencer responded:
I am totally with FCL on this one! That does indeed sound like you had an allergic reaction to the condom? Yes, by all means, ask him if he used a diferent type of condom. Once you find out, you need to talk to a Dr.!

Good luck, Dennis

An_248475 replied to fcl's response:
Thanks for your help!

Efitz22 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thanks for your help!

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website