Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A question I need answered!
missem posted:
So I am 20 years old to start and a month ago I got drunk and had sex with the boyfriend on the last day of my period. the issue is I am not sure if i took my tampon out. I checked the next mourning in a bit of a panic but I am not very familiar with my inside.

When I lube my hand up I can reach just pass a small hardish flap of skin wish an opening at the bottom and still i fill nothing. Also I had a ob gyn visit a week ago.

So Here what I am asking is One what is that flap of skin and could the tampon have gone past it? (me and the bf use sex toys that are a little big in size so please don't judge) Could my doctor have missed a tampon when she did my pap smear I had been to ashamed to say anything, she was not the best doctor and rather then making me comfortable during my first pelvic she lectured me for 5 minutes on the fact i have a smoke once or twice a month. But she did do the full exam.

Also I have had no symptoms, no pain no fever. Though i did have a discharge for a week after but i did use a lube to reach up there and I sometimes have a bad reaction to lubes.

I don't have anyone I trust to ask about this so please a little help.

fcl responded:
There is no way on EARTH that your gyn could have missed a tampon. You can stop worrying, you must have taken it out beforehand.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

missem replied to fcl's response:
and there no way it could have gotten past that flap? I mean I don't want to find out in 2 months it did and i have a massive infection and will be stile. I mean I am on my monthly at the moment and the flow is normal and i am getting the normal little chucks of blood Which I guess would have stopped if there was something blocking the opening

elle0317 replied to missem's response:
The vagina is like a tunnel, and pap smear takes samples from the end of that tunnel at your cervix. Like FCL said there is NO way she would miss the tampon.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website