Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PTSD- Extreme Rage and Depression
IncreasedLibNMe posted:
I have a case of PTSD (Iraq & Afghanistan)I was having extreme anger and depression and a decrease in my sex drive. I was put on; Lexapro- Helped with my issues but killed my sex drive. Celexa- Did nothing to help with anger or depression but increased the sex drive. Wellbutrin LX- This drug turned me into a sleeping 20 hrs a day zombie with a 4 hour sex drive.

I'm now on Viibryd for 6 weeks and it got me feeling pretty good I'm not angry or sad now it has increased my libido. I'm in a relationship and my girlfriend was about to leave unless I got my issues under control she has stuck by me now for 8 months her sex drive was threw the roof and this med his us both on the same page. You should try it PTSD is always going to be with me but this has dulled out some of my nightmares.

dfromspencer responded:
First, thank you for your service! I did mine, Army, 7 yrs. Wow, I am certainly happy for you! You hung in there, and tried diferent drugs. You finally hit on the right one, thats great! Relationship saved! Hooray!!!

Keep in mind, that after some time, a drug may lose its effectiveness. You may need to have your Dr. increase the dosage, or even try another drug altogether?

If you don't mind, keep us informed of how you are doing?

Thanks again for your service, take care of that lady, she is special!

Dennis

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website