Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My boyfriend never wants to have sex.
JD5112 posted:
My sex drive is very very high. I could do it multiple times a day as to my boyfriend who seems to only be wanting to do once every two to three weeks. He always tells me he is too tired or not today or even when my period is about ready to start he tells me that he doesnt want to have sex because it will make my period late.. I have never heard of that before. I work three jobs.. I am always busy and he works one job and then come home and sits. Is there any way to lower my sex drive or higher his? Or is he just not attracted to me anymore?

fcl responded:
Mismatched libidos are one of the main causes of conflict in couples. There isn't really much you can do about it. him telling youi that he doesn't want to have sex because it will make your period late is utter nonsense - what difference would it make anyway if it WERE late? - he's making excuses. I'm afraid it's a case of either you accept that you will never be on the same wavelength about sex or you cut your losses and leave. His libido is low, it has nothing to do with his attraction to you (unless, of course, in the past he wanted sex a lot more).
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Gorilla responded:
do dirty sex.

hairyd replied to fcl's response:
FCL, good info. JD, bf may also need to see a doctor.

Options erection issue or depression (just sitting)

Open discussion if he is getting his while you re working.
(PC; :friend (male/female);or is there a age difference?

Next question are you better with or without him.

21 days is a long time when we could be "Doing IT" 21 or more in a week!!!!!; There are alot of males willing and able for multiple times a day. Good Luck and Good uck...
Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.

hairyd responded:
Will your boyfriend be honest with you. About his drug useage???? Drugs will kill a healthy sex life. Also will kill his body from making him a daddy when he is ready.
Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.

dfromspencer responded:
My first thought, was that he may be depressed? Or, perhaps he has a sexual disfunction, not diagnosed? Maybe he has low testosterone? In other words, he needs to see his doctor. Now!

Once (if) you rule out anything physical, then maybe he isn't attracted to you, like he once was? Its unfortunate, but some people will lose interest in sex, as they age.

Good luck!
Dennis

cspt881 responded:
whats the deal?

grimrider responded:
maybe hes one of those more intuitive types that just thinks alot and hes so gone in his head concentrating on other things that matter to him. that hes not too entirely focused to you or your issue. i would have a sitdown with him and ask if theres anything thats been bugging him or taking up his thoughts that you could help him out with, like that shoulder to lean on. that could be you for him. most the time its us women who want the man to listen and not worry about sex. idk jmo...its worth a shot. bc i feel that way with lotta daily life issues on my head that i havent been in the mood with my hubby and hes been a lion but i still just keep thinking too much and im trying not to,. but he understood last nite wen i told him.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website