Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Complete lack of sex drive...
An_248848 posted:
Hi there, I'm new to this so bear with me. I have a couple of problems that I need help with. First, is that I am no longer interested in having sex with my husband. It is not that I don't love him, I do tremendously, or that he is not a good provider for the family. Mostly it is because he trys his hardest to be a good lover, but he isn't. He can't last more than 2-5 minutes tops. He does offer to do other things to help me, but at this point I'm just tired of trying. He has tried many things to make him last longer and has gone to the doctor and seeked help and nothing. I'm at the point where not having sex doesn't bother me at all, I'd rather not have another things on my plate to think about. Second, I believe my sex drive is non-exsistant. I find it hard to even think about becoming aroused. I have many medical issues that result in deformities on my body, such as Hidradentis Supprativa, and I am losing my teeth prematurely due to antibiotics softening them. I am also overweight. I right now have no self confidence in my body, I'm disgusted by it, I honestly don't even look in mirrors anymore unless it is by accident. I keep trying to explain to my husband that until I feel feminine again I'm not going to be able to get out of my own head and think of sex as enjoyable again. He doesn't understand that and bless his heart keeps insisting I am beautiful to him and that my uglinessess don't bother him. I have tried to lose weight and have even been tested for thyroid issues and nothing has helped. My Hidradentis is chronic and cannot be cured no matter what, so the ugly marks I have will never go away. And my teeth, well I'm trying to get them pulled and get dentures but so far it has not happened.
Anyway what I am asking is, is it completely wrong for me not to be interested in sex at all right now? How can I convey to my husband that it is not him? Also, please don't say I can do other things to him, I unfortunately have a bad gag reflex and carpal tunnel syndrome, (I'm just a whole bunch of fun aren't I?) I really do need help though because I think I am going to lose him over all of this and if that happened I would be devastated!

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website