Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low sex drive? Stress?
An_248888 posted:
  • Lately i have had no desire to have sex, or be touched for that matter. Im thinking it might be stress or depression and im not realizing it. We moved across the U.S. so my husband can go to school, we have been married just over a year now. I work while my husband goes to school and one of us is always home with my 2 year old daughter. Who is also leaving next month for 2 months or longer to visit her birth father and family. Which i already know her being away from me so long depresses me a bit. And being away from family and people we trust we dont have a baby sitter so my husband and i never get out,or at least not without my daughter. Although i exercise a few times a week and eat fairly healthy i am always tired. Always tired. No matter if i sleep 7,8 or 9 hours i always feel exhausted. Ive had a weird thing for the last few months where i wake up with headaches and or neckaches. Ive gone through at least 6 different pillows and it always ends up the same. When my husband and i first got together all we did was have sex, loved it, enjoyed it. And lately i just have could care less to be touched or to have sex. unless i just go along with it and then in the middle of it i start enjoying it. And i do find my husband attractive, Im only 21 and i dont know what to do! I want to try and fix this but i feel to tired to even think about sex. If this is stress or depression i dont know what to do to turn this around. I feel maybe if we move back home ill feel a little better but depending on where my husband gets a job after school it may not be home, and i dont want to feel like this forever.

georgiagail responded:
    I'd suggest both stress and exhaustion are playing a role in this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website