Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    sex hurts
    An_248942 posted:
    I have chronic joint and back pain. there is no position that doesn't hurt. I can't seem to get my husband to understand. what can I do?
    georgiagail responded:
    Regarding what? Getting better control of your pain or getting your husband to understand this pain?

    Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    I'm guessing you can't get him to understand that you have pain and discomfort when you are having sex.

    I'm wondering if you mention this when you are in bed. If you are, trying talking to him outside of the bedroom. Look him in the eyes and share what you are feeling and ways you are hurting.

    Also, talk about other positions you may try that won't be so painful to you. Think about it, then talk to him.

    You can try looking for support on our Relationships and Coping Community as well.

    Bottom line is talk about it. I hope that helps.

    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website