Skip to content
sex hurts
An_248942 posted:
I have chronic joint and back pain. there is no position that doesn't hurt. I can't seem to get my husband to understand. what can I do?

georgiagail responded:
Regarding what? Getting better control of your pain or getting your husband to understand this pain?

Gail

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm guessing you can't get him to understand that you have pain and discomfort when you are having sex.

I'm wondering if you mention this when you are in bed. If you are, trying talking to him outside of the bedroom. Look him in the eyes and share what you are feeling and ways you are hurting.

Also, talk about other positions you may try that won't be so painful to you. Think about it, then talk to him.

You can try looking for support on our Relationships and Coping Community as well.

Bottom line is talk about it. I hope that helps.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website