Skip to content
Sex after Divorce
MandyCake posted:
Married my ex when I was 18. Married for 25 years. Divorced for 2. The idea of sex with another man who isn't my exhusband leaves me feeling physically ill. My ex was the only man I ever wanted, including sexually and we were a great fit. Any Advice on Sex after Divorce?
georgiagail responded:
Married at 21. Married for 20 years. Divorced; didn't date for 7 years. Began dating; enjoyed intimacy very much.

It is possible not enough time has passed since your divorce to change your focus on dating/intimacy yet.

MandyCake replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you Gail!
hairyd responded:
As a adult as when you were 18. Did you date for sex; was this your plan for every date? NO

Enjoy life. Enjoy the company of men. When you are ready the right man will show you.. Your ex was THE LOSER IN THIS DIVORCES. Nothing better than trying the new brand. We have our own special ways. You may want to taste a few. When you ready hope it sooner than later!!!!!!!
Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.
dfromspencer responded:
Give it time. The right man will come along, and he will be the only one to ring your bell. Keep yourself open to love, and let it happen.

MandyCake replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thank you Dennis. I appreciate a man's views and insights into this.

In Harmony,
dfromspencer replied to MandyCake's response:
Hi, Bonnie

What a beautiful name! My mother's name was Bonnie. She's deceased, unfortunately.

You know what they say? Time heals all wounds. It will, in your case too. Relax, enjoy dating again. Take your time, no need to rush into anything. I've been single for 18yrs., it hasn't killed me yet. This is my own fault. I want to find "The One", you know?

Good luck to you!

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website