Skip to content
Pain during sex?
Rosie35 posted:
Everytime that I have sex with my bf, It hurts and now I never want to have sex, I dont have insurance so I have been suffering with the pain for the past 2 years. Does anyone have any home remedies or know where I can be seen for free?

georgiagail responded:
Since the cause of this pain has not been diagnosed, it's impossible to recommend a home remedy.

In addition, since you haven't mentioned where you live, no one here can tell you if there is a free clinic in your area. Do you have a Planned Parenthood Organization where you live? They offer lower cost reproductive services.

Gail

elle0317 responded:
Pain during sex is either caused by not being lubricated enough, or he his hitting your cervix. When exactly does it hurt and where?

jacob11 responded:
one reasone to have pain during sex, is suffering from a common parasitic protozoa, trichomonas vaginalis, just in USA, at least 5,000,000 cases are seen annually.so you should go to a STD centre in your area, to examin and diagnosis, treatment is easy.

onesmartperson responded:
Rosie35...you don't state how old you are...I'm in my middle 50's and as a women gets older, the wall of her vagina become thin...I have pain with initial entry when I have sex...it's something called Atrophy...it's common in post menopaussal women...my gyne prescribed a cream that is inserted vaginally every other day...at night time...called Estrace. It produces estrogen that your ovaries no longer produce...ask your doctor if this would help you...and a little extra lubrication wouldn't hurt either..although as I use the Estrace...I notice a change...for the better and my natural lubrication has increased...

novia responded:
It depends on what kind of pain you are having. If its a strong pain when he pushes in then he is most likely hitting your cervix. I have this problem with my boyfriend from time to time because he is above average and hits my cervix quite often. The best thing I can suggest is to try different positions. Some positions don't allow full penetration, such as laying on your side with him behind you. You have to be very careful with positions such as "doggie" because its much easier to hit areas that cause pain. If it is because he is above average in size then I would discuss it with him that he needs to be mindful of how deep he thrust or that you need to try a position that is more comfortable to you. I hope that this helps.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website