Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
An_249064 posted:
am in my mid 20s, i was taking painkillers for almost 3 years for an injury. before i started taking them i had a normal sex life,15 mins, 30 mins an hour who knows. but once i started taking painkillers i realized i would find it very difficult to achieve orgasm (hoursss) which i didnt find to be a problem at the time and ive read up on that side effect before. the issue now is that i have been off of them for a few months and it is the complete opposite. im trying to be as least graphic as possible, but i am dealing with a problem ive never had or ever thought i would have. i am not able to "attain" and maintain arousel for very long and dont know what to do. please let me know of any advice or tips that would help. it would greatly appreciated.

dfromspencer responded:
Hi

What kind of injury was this? If it damaged nerves, that could be part of your problem? Did it hurt any of the blood vessells in your penis? We need to know these things, in order to help you properly, you know?

It may be that, the opiates you have taken, are not completely out of your system? Or, could you be overthinking your sexual problem? Thinking about it, while doing it, can sometimes be a libido killer. Try this once, don't think about it, just do. See what happens? Let us know.

You may even concider seeing a urologist, just in case? It could be something serious, but probably not.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Dennis

bionic_hip_man responded:
I have been on opiate meds for years for chronic pain. Opiates are known to cause testosterone levels to decrease.I am on testosterone replacement using a compounded T cream. I was directed to apply the T cream to the head of my penis to regain feeling . I am back to my normal self. I reccomend having your Test. level checked. Tcream can help regain feeling in your penis. DO NOT GEL on your penis; it will burn(alcohol)

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website