Skip to content
Is this herpes?
An_249112 posted:
This started out as a cut that I thought was exacerbated by friction. My doctor says that she can't be conclusive as to what it could be until the swab/culture comes back. My girlfriend has been having a yeast infection, and I'm wondering if it could be related to that. She is not showing signs of herpes. I recently had a HSV-2 blood test that came back negative. The partners I've been with since claimed they were HSV-2 negative as well.

Please let me know what you think this could possibly be. Thank you.

elle0317 responded:
Sounds like you have a yeast infection as well. OTC yeast infection cream a couple times a day for a few days should clear it right up.

onesmartperson responded:
An_249112... don't know...and I'm no doctor...but that looks like a lesion of some sort...I would get that check out as soon as possible...and you might want to ask what those little bumps around the lesion are...they look like skin tags...good luck..I hope it turns out to be good news.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website