Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sudden problem maintaining an erection?
Anon_149021 posted:
My husband and I have been married for about 6 months and living together for well over a year now. I am 22 and he is 29. Our sex life up until this past month has been beyond amazing. He usually can keep it hard for a really long time, and even after cumming he still is stiff for a few minutes. However, we have hit this wall in the last 3 weeks. It started with him not being able to cum while we were having sex. Then we had sex like normal. Then a few days later he a problem staying hard. I wont lie I got a little upset and started to wonder if something was going on outside of our relationship. But nothing besides this has indicated it. And at the time I figured it happens sometimes. But now in the span of 3 weeks its happened maybe 6 or 7 times. It is so weird though because some days we are fine like this last week we had 6 days of great normal sex, then last night it just wasnt happening, he couldnt get hard but would quickly loose the erection. I am so confused/ hurt. I am starting to feel insecure about myself and I dont want to fight with him about it because what if its some medical problem? I am just at a loss right now I dont know what to do, I love him so much. Everytime he hasnt been able to get up he has had some kind of excuse/ reason. first it was stress, then heart burn, and now a tooth ache. I guess I just really need some insight as to what is going on if anyone has any, and what we should do about this.

stevesmw responded:
Hopefully you can have an honest conversation with him. Nex thing is have him get checked out by a doctor.
Assuming there is nothing physically wrong with him, his sex drive may be less than yours. I hate to say this but he might be sexually bored. In my case too much sex is defined as when someone is sore from sexual activity. When I was dating, I enjoyed sex twice a day and would occasionally take a day off even if my partner was accomodating.

The standard joke is nothing ruins sex like marriage.
Partners try harder to please their partner before they get married. Usually it is the woman.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website