Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Boyfriend doesn't want to have sex
An_249717 posted:
My 32 year old boyfriend of 2 years doesn't initiate or want to have sex. When I ask him about it, he says he doesn't feel like it. I've asked him if he's lost the desire with me and he says he doesn't think so. A few times when we do have sex, he will lose his erection in the middle. We've had our ups and downs and had even broken up and got back together a couple of times in the last year. He's been on Lipitor for he last 8 months or so, which I've read can lower the libido and/or erections, but I'm not sure if that is the issue. This is because he has admitted that he does masturbate "every now and then" and when we continued to have see each other while we were broken up a couple of months ago, his sex drive was much higher. I'm starting to get frustrated and I don't know what to do. Any help?

stevesmw responded:
This sounds like more of a relationship problem than a sexual issue. He should be trying to please you emotionally as well as physically even if he has erection issues. Does your sex consist of only intercourse? Otherwise, he should be able to please you even with erection issues.

His masturbation is about pleasing himself. It takes little effort, doesn't require a full erection and is a great stress reducer. Many men who have satisfying sex lives masturbate frequently.

Sex with a partner requires work. You need to be aware of your partner's needs, have an emotional connection and deal with ED and premature ejaculation issues.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website