Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is there any hope for me?
WarningYuan posted:
This is hard for me to say, but I believe I'm considered a "paraphiliac". One of a most despicable category.

Why do I like little girls? I don't know! I'm terrified of talking it out with anyone except my therapist at this point, for... Obvious reasons. I haven't acted on these urges, but the fear of it getting worse always looms above me. I have trouble feeling happy for myself in any accomplishment due to how great my guilt and shame is.

I've spent much time and toiled away looking for answers but apparently perversions like this are the least known about. I don't really know what to do except avoid thinking about it. It's a rather difficult proposition.

If there is any word on mending the mind or easing my heavy heart and putting these troubles behind me, please... Help me...

WarningYuan replied to dfromspencer's response:
There's a reason I tried posting here. I tried talking to my "therapist", although all I have access to is a councilor. I haven't been given any advice beyond "Don't think about it".

For the record, I don't have the money to talk to a real therapist. That's just the reality of my situation. I came to this site because it was the closest I thought I was going to get to good advice. Although, if the other reply is any indication then I stand corrected.

Please, I'm not trying to mess with people on this site. I have a serious problem and I need serious advice! I know my problem isn't going to get me on anybody's good side, but I actually want to change.

An_249843 replied to WarningYuan's response:
I'm sorry others are not taking you seriously. Unfortunately, the only advice I can give is similar to what you have; avoid anything the brings about these thoughts and redirect your thoughts. When ever you these thoughts come up, calmly and gently remind yourself that they are not appropriate and that you don't want them. Don't be hard on or angry with yourself, but just gently move your attention to something else that you know is appropriate (even if they are still sexual). It will not work the first time, you may need to do this many times in a short period, but do not get frustrated. Just continue to remind yourself. Over time, this will get easier.
Good luck and best wishes.

fcl replied to WarningYuan's response:
'I haven't been given any advice beyond "Don't think about it".'

Then it's time to find a new therapist, one who will listen to you because this one is wasting your time (and money).
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website