Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Nova-T IUD
    An_250168 posted:
    Hi,
    I need advice regarding my IUD.
    I first used Nova-T IUD in August 2007, right after my girl was born. In September 2011, I started having irregular period. I got my period for 7-10 days, and a week later I got another period for 7 days. Then a week after the period done, I got another period. This continued until I finally saw my doctor and he took it out of me, saying that it's been almost 5 years and I need to stop for a month of two. Then 2 months later I used another Nova-T. But this time, my husband's feeling pain every time we have sex. I've seen my doctor, and all he did was 'inserting' the 'thread' further inside, saying it might be the cause for hubby's pain. But it was no use, hubby still feel pain. I'm thinking of stop using it, but hubby refuses. He said IUD is the only effective way for birth control.
    Has anyone ever experience this? Or is it just me/hubby?

Thank you...

georgiagail responded:
    Ironic that your husband appears to believe he has the right to refuse the birth control that enters your body.

On the other hand, since he "refuses" to allow you any other option, I suppose he gets to live with this pain.

Gail

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
    I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website