Skip to content
Nova-T IUD
An_250168 posted:
Hi,
I need advice regarding my IUD.
I first used Nova-T IUD in August 2007, right after my girl was born. In September 2011, I started having irregular period. I got my period for 7-10 days, and a week later I got another period for 7 days. Then a week after the period done, I got another period. This continued until I finally saw my doctor and he took it out of me, saying that it's been almost 5 years and I need to stop for a month of two. Then 2 months later I used another Nova-T. But this time, my husband's feeling pain every time we have sex. I've seen my doctor, and all he did was 'inserting' the 'thread' further inside, saying it might be the cause for hubby's pain. But it was no use, hubby still feel pain. I'm thinking of stop using it, but hubby refuses. He said IUD is the only effective way for birth control.
Has anyone ever experience this? Or is it just me/hubby?

Thank you...

georgiagail responded:
Ironic that your husband appears to believe he has the right to refuse the birth control that enters your body.

On the other hand, since he "refuses" to allow you any other option, I suppose he gets to live with this pain.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website