Skip to content
So Sorry
An_250293 posted:
My soon to be exwife had a hysterctomy about thirty years ago due to fibroids, they removed everything. Sex was never the same, I mean she went through the motions but that's about it. She had to have the bladder mesh put in as she would wet herself when she would sneeze,laugh or cough, then came the constpation and the mood changes which eventually led to our upcoming divorce as she refused to admit she had mood issues. All she wanted to do was argue and she always had an excuse why she didn't want to have sex, ie headache, backache etc. It got to the point where she refered to having sex as servicing me which told me she got nothing from it. This whole situation is so sad because I truly love this woman as we were married for 34 years. I have begged her to seek not only treatment for her sexual issues but also the issues affecting her mentally, she continues to rfuse that she has any issues. I love her enough that I would be willing to give up on sex of she would come back, we are in our mid fifties. What I find sad is the fact that after she divorces me she will move on to another relationship only to experience the same issues. Like I said I truly love this woman but in her current state of mind she sees nothing as being wrong. Hysterctomy was the worst thing that happened in our marriage.
stevesmw responded:
My wife had the same surgery more than 20 years ago. She had a lot of discomfort prior to the surgery. After the surgery was over she found it wasn't necessary that only the fibroids needed to be dealt with. She was unhappy about that. Her sex drive was as good as ever and birth control was no longer an issue. She has tried various combinations of hormones and her behavior was about the same as before and sex was just as good. What has your wife done regarding hormone replacement?

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website