Skip to content
20 years old & no sex drive! HELP!!!
An_242225 posted:
Okay so I just turned 20 years old. 6 months ago I had my first son. Throughout my pregnancy I did have sex with my fiance but I was never really into it. I just thought that maybe it was because I was pregnant. Well now.. I've had my son and gotten the Mirena and everything is the same as when I was pregnant. My vagina does not get wet like it used to. Afterwards I just feel chaffed. So... in turn it makes me not want to have sex thinking about the pain I will be encountering. If I was not clear please let me know.. if you need more answers I'll answer them. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

fcl responded:
If you're not getting wet then why not just use a lube? If the fear of being dry and the discomfort that goes w ith it is all that is holding you back then it's an easy one to solve

The cause of dryness can be multiple given that you gave birth so recently, hormonal turmoil, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breastfeeding, etc. so I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. Things will no doubt get better in the months to come.

Congratulations on the new baby!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

An_242225 replied to fcl's response:
See thats the thing. I have used lube and it just hurts. We have bought anything from the most expensive to cheap. Its frustrating. It is the wetness that keeps me but at the same time I do not feel the want to have sex at all... I feel bad about it too.. its not fair to my fiance so I do it when he wants and suffer the rest of the week.

fcl replied to An_242225's response:
Then I suggest a trip to see your gyn. You may have an infection that you don't know about and need a simple treatment. Don't give up hope! There IS hope!

There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

I loved the Implanon!
I had the Implanon for almost 3 years in August. During the time i had the implanon, i have very light periods & no cramping. I really ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website