Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extremely late period, but negative test.
padfootly posted:
My last period was Jan. 9th, and I messed up with my birth control (misplaced it, didn't find it for a few days). I figured I would get my period in another 14 days (which is what happens for me when I don't take birth control) and would start back up.

I'm a type one diabetic, was sick from Jan. 19th til about a week and a half ago, and still don't have my period. My 'projected' start date was Feb. 3rd, making me 15 days late.

I took a pregnancy test a couple of days ago (in the morning per suggestion of a pharmacist) and it came back negative. I have cramps in my abdomen, stiff joints (especially in my knees), and have been a bit more emotional than normal - which makes me believe that I'm going to be getting my period sometime soon.

I don't know if I should worry (read that being sick makes your period delayed, and I have been stressing out about not getting my period), or what to do, really. My significant other says he didn't see or feel any holes in the condoms we've used over the past two months.

georgiagail responded:
It is likely this "messing up" of your birth control schedule plus your illness has thrown your menstrual cycle off a bit.

Gail

padfootly replied to georgiagail's response:
After 15 days of freaking out, I just got it about an hour ago. I just wasn't sure how long I should expect it to have been delayed before letting myself worry (more than I already was). Thanks for the reassurance.

georgiagail replied to padfootly's response:
Interesting. Well, we know now writing to an internet board is one way to jump start a late menstrual period!

Gail

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website