Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Can You Get From Anal to Vaginal?
justhere posted:
I like to think I'm fairly safe when it comes to sex, but it's always just that "one time", isn't it? My fiance gave me herpes by going down on me with a cold sore, and I told him not to because I knew what it was, but he denied it was herpes so adamantly I started to believe him. I'm not sure that has anything to do with this, but I wanted to say it just in case it helped.

I was stupid yesterday (it's been about 24 hours at this point, but symptoms started after about 10 hours) and let my fiance stick his penis in my vagina after anal sex. We took no precautions, and, being male, he wasn't thinking about what harm that could do me. It wasn't expected, he didn't warn me so it just happened, and I thought, "Oh, what's the worse that could happen?" because I wasn't thinking straight, so I let it continue.

So, today I'm feeling really sick, I have a UTI, but it doesn't feel like that's all. I'm not vomiting or having diarrhea, but I feel nauseous, but even that's kinda iffy. I just feel generic sick, with no real defined symptoms. Just off, I guess? I can't afford to go see a doctor, no insurance and I lost my job. It just so happened my fiance could afford a prescription for Augmentin 875 mg x20 that we found laying around that was for some other illness. I have had UTI's before so I know what they're like, no real need to see a doctor, just a need for antibiotics. And this one was spreading fast, I could tell, so I needed something ASAP. But there's something else wrong. I have some odor coming from both holes down there, almost like fish but much worse. My farts have the same smell, just everything down there smells, and it's like there's some kinda mucus coming from my anus but it could just be dripping down from my vagina, I don't know. I am so miserable in a nondescript kind of way, which is really frustrating not knowing what the heck is wrong with me. And if I could hopefully have answers quick, I want to know if I shouldn't be taking the Augmentin. Thanks.

justhere responded:
Also, something I forgot, after sex he rinsed off his penis and then I ended up licking it, he got hard again, and we went at it again. So I may have gotten some fecal matter in my stomach too. And it tasted like that fish odor that's coming from me now, so I'm not even sure it's an infection that's been growing in me and is now smelling. Also, he has cheated on me before. I'm fairly certain it was only the once, which was awhile ago, but I can't be sure. Also, please no relationship advice, just stick to what's making me sick and how do I stop it. Thanks.

georgiagail replied to justhere's response:
So what you would like is for an Internet board (who are mainly made up of non-health professionals.... and even those of us who have a health background do not have the ability to 1. examine you, 2. order tests) to give you a diagnosis of your symptoms.

Sorry...Internet diagnosing stinks.

You have, however, exposed yourself to the possibility of a number of bacterial infections. In addition, since you mention your partner has cheated on you at least once and it appears the sexual contact was unprotected there is always the concern of STD's.

The "fishy" smell would imply a bacterial infection. Whether the Augmentin would clear this up would depend on the specific bacterial agent that may be involved here and since you haven't undergone any testing to determine the source of any possible infection it's impossible to tell this.

Gail

dfromspencer replied to justhere's response:
Yep, going with Gail on this one! Without a proper screening, it would be futile to try and help you! I don't think you should take something NOT prescribed to you by a medical professional! If you lack the funds to see a doctor, you need to go to one of those Free Clinics. If you don't know how, or where to find one, call your local hospital, and ask them for a referral.

Good luck!!!

Dennis

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website