Skip to content
Pain During Sex
kgilbert12 posted:
I was sexually assaulted when I was 15 and had a daughter from the assault. I had gotten married to my boyfriend at 16. Since the assault my sexual desire isn't there anymore. I am now 17 and still dealing with self esteem issues and self confidence in the bed.
I have been having a burning sensation and raw feeling after I have sex. I try to push through the pain because I know that my husband really wants it but my body just doesn't relax and I just want to know if its the assault that scared me or is there a reason to have this pain.

dfromspencer responded:
It could be either? It may be a result of not relaxing, or it could be a physical problem? My first suggestion would be to see your doctor. My second suggestion would be to try a lubricant?

I hope this helps?

Please let us know what you find out?

Dennis

bpcookie responded:
Hello kgilbert, You may have Vulvodynia which can cause itching and or burning, raw feeling and can cause the vulva to be red and a bit swollen. Now that is only one thing that you could have, so don't say "OMG, thats what I have" because there are many other things that can cause that. You may be tightening up when you have sex which could cause pain or you could have a yeast infection, bacterial infection, STD or other problems can cause pain and burning. I have a WebMD support group for women who have pain during sex or other painful issues in the vulva or vagina. So you may want to visit the site.

http://exchanges.webmd.com/vulva-and-vaginal-pain-support-group

Its called vulva and vaginal pain support group which you can find under womens health. So if you can't get there by the site above then you can get there under WebMD Womens Health.
WebMD Health Ambassador-BpCookie

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website