Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Decieved by the IUD
An_250918 posted:
I just had my paragard removed last week after 3 and half years. I literally thought for 3 of them I was dying. I had started preparing my kids for the worst, which was traumatizing for them. I had body pains as if I had a stroke on the entire left side of my body, my legs would go out without notice and I would buckle down to the floor, I would have sharp pains throughout my arms and legs and could no longer pick up my babies or raise my arms above my head because of pain. I developed hypertension, went the two ER for stroke symptoms many times, even to fainting, something I never had in my life, I was put on muscle relaxers and heart medications that made the symptoms worse, had ultrasounds, x-rays, an MRI and a CAT scan to find the source of my misery with no avail. I asked every doctor about the IUD and was basically told that was not the problem, they recommended neurologists and thyroid testing. I went to the ER to stop the consistent bleeding that lasts at least two weeks at a time and leaks through clothes, bed sheets because it was so heavy, I had headaches, insomnia, hair loss abdominal pains mood swings. The worst thing is that I didn't know I had a Paragard until it was taken out. I have severe allergies and would have never knowingly put anything copper in my body, I can't even wear jewelry, eat fish, take penicillin, and use latex, soaps, and perfumes eat anything with acid or wear anything other than cotton clothing without having an allergic reaction. I have every form of Dermatitis, vitilago, and asthma. Why would a doctor give someone something so dangerous to a person with so many medical issues I don't understand? But it was pushed on me; I never asked for the device, I was told it was safe. I thought it was a Mirena because that's the information I was given at the time of my appointment after being told my insurance denied an essure birth control method which I originally requested. I am still having effects of the device. I still cannot sleep and having constant cramps and bleeding. I still have pain on the left side of my body, however they are slightly less severe that when the device was inside of me. I must have a cyst removed in my vaginal area and have a lump forming on my left side. I also just had a large lymphoma removed in January. I am not sure what effects come directly from the copper, but I am more than positive it is at least 90%. Before this I was an active person, I played with my six kids daily, afterwards I felt like I was a 75 year old that had aged terribly. I hope someone will take my case because I am definitely filling one against the manufactures or the doctors, whichever is more feasible. I feel they are both to blame I wasn't told either way of the risks and could have left behind six beautiful children if I had never seen a commercial for defective IUD's and started researching the side effects.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website