Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Semen discharge w/o arousal
    An_251037 posted:
    Lately I am noticing a small to moderate amount of semen in my underwear without any arousal/sexual thoughts. I am pretty sure it is semen in that it does not have a purulent type smell and well looks, feels and smells like my semen. It seems to happen after I use the bathroom (#2). This has happened thrice now over the last two weeks. I am in my mid 30's, sexually active with one partner, not taking any drugs and have not regularly masturbated in almost 4 months. Oh, and have been under some emotional stress lately. Is this normal? Should I seek medical attention?
    stevesmw responded:
    A bowel movement can stimulate your prostate which will cause some ejaculate to come out of your penis. I am a lot older than you and have a very enlarged prostate and this happens to me almost every time I have a bowel movement.

    Unless you are having regular sex, masturbation may help with this issue.
    Twyce1222 replied to stevesmw's response:
    Thanks for you response stevesmw . Should I be concerned that my prostate may be enlarged? I mean this quite weird and somewhat uncomfortable for me.
    stevesmw replied to Twyce1222's response:
    You are too young to be having an elarged prostate. It could be irritated for some reason. If you have health insurance, you could get it checked. If it were me I would masturbate for a few days and see if the probem went away. My opinion is that your body manufactures semen and it should have an outlet.
    stevesmw replied to Twyce1222's response:
    When I was 27 or 28 I was in the Air Force. I had just spent three days in Bangkok and I had symptoms similar to yours. I thought I might have picked up VD and got checked out. The doctor ran tests and I had no infection. He said that going from a lot of sexual activity to none could cause this and recommended masturbation. I didn't know if I believed him 100% but I followed his medical advice.

    Helpful Tips

    Can a female get something from a man with Epididymitis? More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website