Skip to content
Smell during sex and crumbly discharge
An_251063 posted:
Hey y'all,

I've been having a concerning issue for the past year now. I've been in to my Dr's office probably 4-6 times in the past 5 months and we haven't found a solution.

During sex, at penetration, there's a horrible smell and a crumbly, gunky discharge. The smell isn't fishy, it's more sulfurous, kind of that rotten egg smell (ugh, I can't believe I'm actually making this public on the net, so embarrassing!). It's accompanied by a discharge that's thick and gunky, crumbly, yellowish to white in color. Sometimes sex is painful or tight feeling.

I get frequent urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and one known case of bacterial vaginosis. Usually one or two of these every month or so.

Help! My Dr doesn't seem to be taking a very proactive interest in figuring out the problem. She prescribed antibiotics as I need them for the infections, but they keep coming back. And she has no idea about the smell/discharge and dismisses it as nothing to worry about. I voiced to her a suspicion that it might be a long running case of BV, but she doesn't seem to think so. (I still think it could be)

Any insight would be SOO MUCH appreciated! It's taking a serious toll on my quality of life. I just don't feel like painful, smelly sex is normal!

An_251063 responded:
Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, I've been tested for STD's and came out negative on all tests!

fcl responded:
All I can suggest is that you post this over on the gyn board and address it to Nurse Jane:

http://exchanges.webmd.com/gynecology-exchange

And find another doctor who WILL take your concerns seriously.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Clueless
I recently started a relationship and booth my boyfriend and I where tested, everything came out negative, so we started having unprotected ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website