Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Improving sexuality
An_251234 posted:
If one's sexuality were to be something that could be "improved" upon, how do you think one could go about doing that? Say, for example, that the reasons for the original "poor" sexuality are bad past experiences, hang-ups, general attitude, etc. I'm thinking of this because a great many people have trouble with their spouses or SOs in this area.

georgiagail responded:
"Improved" in what way. What's your idea of "poor" sexuality? Lack of sex drive? Inability to orgasm? Not enough sex to meet your partners needs?

Gail

stevesmw responded:
I am assuming you are talking about becoming more interested in sex. The entire relationship is important, but isolating it to sex you want the following from both partners:

1. Honesty
2. Trust
3. Willingness to please
4. Communciating your needs during love making.
5. Taking direction from your lover so you can do what pleases them.
6.Willingness to try new things.

An_251234 replied to georgiagail's response:
I admit this is pretty abstract. Let's start with lack of sex drive poor (non-positive) attitude toward sexual activity. I know the "standard" approach if a low sex drive becomes a problem is to first see a physician to determine whether there is a medical reason for it. What about the attitude part? A positive outlook on something can go a long way.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website