Skip to content
unable to maintain an erection during intercourse only
Irvingcfozborg3 posted:
I am 48 yrs old and am just recently having problems with maintaining an erection during intercourse with my wife of 27 years .No problems with keeping an erection during oral sex or masturbation its just after several minutes of intercourse..I just had a prostate examination and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health.He gave me a prescription for Flomax .I am 5'10" and 190 lbs and overall in good to great shape with no other medical conditions .I don't believe that I am having a problem with self confidence its just if something is broken I fix it I just don't know what to fix .Any suggestions
stevesmw responded:
Talk to you urologist about your erection problem. A low dose of ed meds will probably do the trick. I started having ed issues at 62. I couldn't stay hard in some positions. I took a small dose of Levitra and it solved the problem. I take 3000 mg of horny goat weed twice a day. If I took it at 62 it probably would have worked great. I don't like ed meds because of the waiting to be effective.
dfromspencer responded:
You could try a cock ring? They help hold the blood in. Therefore, they help to maintain an erection.

Good luck!!!


Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website