Skip to content
Is he still interested?
An_251564 posted:
We went out every weekend for a month and a half. He was so sweet. I lost my virginity to him and we had sex one time after that. Since then, I haven't seen him. It's been about a month. He says he's been busy and working a lot. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I feel like if he wanted to see me he would make time. Now I have to text him and see if he is free when he used to text me. I wonder if he is avoiding me.

I don't know what to do now. Give him space and see if he texts me? Text him and ask - though I don't know what I would say? Wondering what is going on/ when I will see him next is driving me crazy! Opinions? Thanks

tmlmtlrl responded:
You're not being paranoid, he's being disrespectful. He used you and probably enjoyed the chase of what he had to do to get you. Now he's done with you. I'm very sorry. He should not ignore you and hope you'll go away, but I believe that's what he's doing.

If you want to text him go ahead. Just be blunt and be prepared for his answer. It's very rude when people do this sort of thing to others. It really just shows their maturity level.

Sorry again. Please try to keep your head up and move on. You definitely deserve better.

An_251564 replied to tmlmtlrl's response:
It's not like I am some naive little girl. I am 20. I really trusted him and thought he was different. But if he doesn't even have the decency to tell me he is done so I can start to move on, I majorly misjudged him. Breaking up via text message would be less rude than what he is doing.

georgiagail replied to An_251564's response:
Accept that he's slinking into the night and no, he doesn't have the decency to tell you he is done. This isn't unusual; probably every one of us have been through the heartache of such a thing. It happens a lot. It's just easier not to respond than to be honest about not wanting to see someone again.

You are correct that even if he was busy, he would make time to see you if he wanted to. Thus, you have your answer as to his interest.

Gail

tmlmtlrl replied to An_251564's response:
I never meant to imply you were a "naive little girl". I was just showing sympathy because as Gail said most of us have been there. It doesn't have to do with being naive, or dumb. All it means is you trusted someone and they took advantage of that. But it's true that the answer is in front of you. Trust what you know and what your gut tells you.

An_251564 responded:
Thanks both of you for your input. It was just so sudden that I had to wonder. I didn't think you were implying that I was naive, but I do feel pretty stupid over the whole thing. I guess he was just in it for sex the whole time. If he's that kind of guy, I don't want to be with him anyway. Thanks again!

georgiagail replied to An_251564's response:
The thing is, he likely wasn't just in for the sex only the whole time but once this took place, the relationship went to another level and this may have scared him off. Again, this is pretty darn common.

Gail

An_251564 replied to georgiagail's response:
Well that just does not make sense to me considering he is the one who initiated it. I am not really the type to make lots of moves. If he had wanted to take it slow, I would've been fine with it.

Helpful Tips

Clueless
I recently started a relationship and booth my boyfriend and I where tested, everything came out negative, so we started having unprotected ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website