Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hopefull
An_251879 posted:
My soon to be wife and I enjoy each other immensely but her sexual drive she says has been gone a long time ago before we met. she wants to be active in this area but just has no desire. She cant even pleasure herself. At one point she was treated for something unrelated short term with testosterone and that put her sex drive through the roof , but obviously she cant stay on that. She enjoys oral attention a lot but nothing I have found can make anything happen beyond feeling good.
we are in our early fiftys. There is nothing that I wouldnt do for her in this or any other area she is so wonderful to me and I just want to return that.

stevesmw responded:
First thing is to get medical advice.

Secondly, I was never a fan of vibrators. I thought they messed up normal sexual response. According to an article here which I can't find, a vibrator enhances normal sexual response. If you don't have one get an industrial strength vibrator, a Hitachi Magic Wand.

georgiagail replied to stevesmw's response:
Small dosing of testosterone therapy can be used to treat low libido in post menopausal women and the low dosing of this medications does not mean that "obviously she can't stay on that" for an extended period of time.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website