Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Problems in bed
An_252251 posted:
I am a 43 yr old woman. I think I'm going through menopause, but my doctor says I'm "too young "to be going through that. I have realized that even though I'm turned on by my boyfriend, i still wont get wet. He gets mad cause he thinks he doesn't turn me on any more. I try to explain to him, i might be going through menopause. Also, been feeling a little down cause i don't feel attractive and have been laid off for a few months now. He doesn't understand that. Need to know what to do.

georgiagail responded:
Your boyfriend is an idiot.

While you may not be going through actual menopause you may be experiencing the beginning of perimenopause coupled with some depression at being laid off from employment.

Gail

stevesmw responded:
Your boyfriend has unreasonable expectations. The fact that you are turned on is plenty. Everyone's wetness is different nd easily corrected with a good lubricant.

Making love is a good way to deal with being down. My wife worries about everything and has said that while making love all her cares go a way for the moment.

dfromspencer responded:
Your B.F. is not very sensitive to your problems, is he? Wetness is not something I would worry about, there is always some kind of lubricant around!

You are stressing over the loss of your job, that is totally understandable, to most, anyway!!! That probably explains the wetness thing? Why don't you feel attractive, any more? What has changed in the last few months of being laid off? Is it because he is being a jerk? He doesn't understand what? That you still love him, and still desire him??? Well then, SHOW HIM!!! Next time he comes home from work, be standing at the door, totally naked, with his favorite drink in your hand, and with the free hand, pull him to the bedroom, and have a go at him!!! If that doesn't convince him, nothing will! If its because you've put on a little extra weight, start an exercise routine, and make sure he knows it.

I hope this helps, in some small fashion? Good luck!!!

Dennis

bpcookie responded:
I agree with Georgiagail, your probably going through peri menopausal. Thats whats going on with me and I have trouble getting wet but thats what KY Jelly is for. Your b/f needs to grow up, learn about the changes the woman body goes through during peri M. Also, sex isnt all about him him him. He is being very selfish. Its time for him to put on his big boy panties.

Tell him to google peri menopause and what happens when a womans hormones go up and down. Its not a fun time for us. Our emotions get a bit wacky too.

You can have multi blood tests done , on seperate days, to determine if you are going through peri menopause. The Dr. can prescribe estrogen and progestrone.

good luck to you.
If you suffer from vulva and/or vagina pain, please join my support community called Vulva and Vagina Pain Support Group.

bpcookie responded:
Also, about not feeling attractive anymore, that is something all women go through. Perhaps you would feel better if you bought yourself some new close, some things that will make you feel pretty. Maybe a few sexy nighties too.

Some times I look in the mirror and go " yuk". Ive bought some cute clothes and have been putting on a bit on make up every day. It makes me feel a bit better about myself.
If you suffer from vulva and/or vagina pain, please join my support community called Vulva and Vagina Pain Support Group.

1Angel43 replied to georgiagail's response:
thanks Gail

1Angel43 replied to stevesmw's response:
thanks, is nice to know that there are men that understand a woman

1Angel43 replied to dfromspencer's response:
thanks Dennis. i do show him i love him and want him. Just when i iniciate it, and have to stop to get lube, he thinks is cause he doesnt turn me on. He associates wetness with being turned on, and thats not always the case.

1Angel43 replied to bpcookie's response:
thanks, what you say is so true. i ask him to google the info if he doesnt believe me. And yes, buying an outfit, also a lil exercising, has been helping me with my self esteem.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website