Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Medical Practices
    An_252289 posted:
    At what age do doctor's start checking for proper testicular development in a boy?

    I ask this because when I was really young, before school aged even, one of my first memories is of my doctor visits. The doctor would walk in and the first thing he did was mess around with my testicles. Every time.

    It messed me up inside.

    I just need to know if that is common medical practice and I need to quit being a baby about it, or if that guy was sick.
    georgiagail responded:
    A physician will typically check for an undecended testicle in a young male to rule this out:

    This is often done on newborn and very young males.

    Anon_475 responded:
    It's standard practice. He probably told you to cough too.

    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website