Skip to content
Hypersexuality disorder, does my bf have it?
An_252306 posted:
Hi My name is Jennifer I've been in a commited relationship 2 1/2 years. Its been a roungh couple years although I love my bf with all I have I'm not sure how we will get past this one. About a month or so ago I caught my boyfriend with a fake email that he was messaging people off craigslist solicitating sex, not only was he communicating frequently he was messaging all different types of people from men. women, transgender, couples, brothers and sisters, It was a lot to take in especially since its been going on secretly pretty much our whole relationship. He had slept with multiple women no man or transgender there was just the attempt ( I emailed all of them to make sure) I then found out through the grape vein that he has never been faithful to anyone of is gf he as always slept with other people. I'm starting to feel that I need to fix this problem now or I will have to part ways with a man I love deeply and want to see healthy and living a happy life. I feel that he has a hypersexuality disorder or sex addiction although most say thats not a type of addiction. I just need answers and I was hoping someone on here would have delt with something similar and guide me in the right direcation. I'm just worried for his health but most importantly mine I've never cheated and don't deserve to risk my life because of his reckless behavior. Can anyone help, please? I'm desperate at this point.

Take the Poll

How is something like this treated?
What if he is in denial of having any type of disorder? or thinks this is just something he can do in his own?
  • seeking out help from a doctor or therapist
  • you have to wait for him to be ready!
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
"I feel that I need to fix this problem now"

And just how do you plan to do this (other than ending your relationship with this fellow and getting yourself to your Gynecologist for some STD testing as fast as you possibly can)?

This is his problem, not yours. Stop taking the role of attempting to be a savior to this person. It's been a month since you found this out. What has HE done about this issue in the mean time?

Gail

dfromspencer responded:
Say WHAAAAAAAT??? How do you fix this problem? You run away, that's how you fix this problem!!! And run as fast as you can to your doctors office for tests for S.T.D.'s!!!

How can you possibly love this JERK??? If he has done this with every girl he's been with, including you, how could you possibly WANT to be with it??? It, is a jerk, it is a cheater, it is a lier, should I go on?

YOU know what to do. Leave his stupid azz NOW!!!

YOU better HOPE like hell, he hasn't infected you with AID's?

fcl responded:
Face it, there's nothing you can do about this. Even if effective treatment were available the decision has to come from him. HE has to decide he wants to change. Unfortunately, this doesn't look like the case.

The most important thing you can do right now is get tested for a full range of STDs. IMMEDIATELY!

Then decide whether or not you can face the rest of your life living with a person like this and the knowledge that sooner or later his issues could cost you much more than your self esteem ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

tmlmtlrl responded:
You need to realize that because he's been doing this since the beginning of your relationship that that means he's lied to you since the beginning of your relationship, which means you've never truly known this man because your whole relationship has been a lie.

This person you think you know and think you love doesn't exist.

You've been with a con man that has shown you what you've wanted to see all this time. There is no room for you to fix him. It's impossible to fix another person. Consider that this would've all kept happening if you hadn't found out. He's a con man. Not the person you think you know!

Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. Don't waste years of your life expecting some change to happen only to find out he's become a better liar and another 2 years have passed you by.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website