Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Boyfriend can't keep erection during sex..
An_252372 posted:
Forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong group. My bf cannot keep an erection during sex. During foreplay he will get hard but it's like as soon as we try, he loses the erection. It's getting very frustrating! It doesn't happen if he masturbates by himself he says. (we don't live together) We've not been able to have sex in quite some time. We try.. but it just doesn't happen! We broke up for over a year.. before we broke up sex wasn't as much of an issue. He did, however still have some of the same issues. Sometimes he couldn't finish..but it has never been like it is now. He did say that sex has always made him kind of anxious for some reason. Does this sound like an ED problem or no? I wasn't sure since he can keep the erection during masturbation. He agreed to see a dr..

Thanks for any advice..

stevesmw responded:
Intercourse can cause anxiety; orgasm to quickly, lose your erection, not satisfy your partner.

Making love does not require a penis. You can please each other orally or manually. When you can please your partner, the anxiety is reduced.

and as everyone says, how a man masturbates can have an effect on intercourse. Strong grip more friction than a vagina.

Start out by dealing with the anxiety issue.

dallasjohn15 responded:
Speaking from first hand experience, this could be a lot of things. First of all, we don't know how old he is and how old you are. How long have you two been dating? Is he overweight? Is there intimacy and foreplay? Does he do drugs, drink or smoke?

I'm in my late 30's and my wife and I started having issues a few years ago. We chalked it up to working full time jobs, being tired, stressed, etc. But the fact was that I was having problems. ED pills would help, but my libido wasn't always on.

I started testosterone therapy about 2 months ago and I have to say that it has exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks before my body responded, but once it did it was like night and day. I'm horny all the time, almost like when I was 19. I wake up hard, I get hard just thinking about sex and our sex life has taken a 180 degree turn, in fact my wife can't keep up with me now.

The hardest thing about dealing with ED is that you have to be very careful how you approach it. Men see sex differently than women, and when we are less than studs, it affects us in a weird way. I use to think about performing so much, that sometimes I wouldn't even stay hard for more than a few minutes. Talk to him, explain how it's affecting your relationship and hopefully he'll talk to a doctor. If anyone in the Dallas area has questions or needs my doc's name, just shoot me a message at dallasjohn15 at gmail.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website