Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex is hurting again...
Kay_10811 posted:
My husband and I have been married for about 2 year now and sex has started hurting again. It really starts hurting when he goes deeper. It doesn't get better when we change positions either. We use a lubricant every time and it still hurts. It is a sharp pain and it makes me want to cry. Is there any reason why it would hurt this bad?

Elle0317 responded:
Yes, he's likely hitting your cervix, which is VERY painful! Tell him not to thrust so deep.

An_252635 responded:
You said that sex is hurting again. How was it resolved the first time?

You haven't said how old you are. My guess is that you are not sufficiently aroused. If you are pre-menopausal and are sufficiently aroused you shouldn't need a lubricant. When women are aroused their vagina balloons out at the end closest to the cervix. This prevents the cervix from being hit by thrusting (which is painful). I would suggest more foreplay. Women often need 30 - 45 minutes to get sufficiently aroused.

Women can also experience pain with thrusting if they have an ovarian cyst. I would suggest getting checked by your doctor if this continues.

Helpful Tips

Process to revive the heart may save a life of love
Was one of them for a severe heart attack, you call urgent medical help. If you're a coach to provide first aid never perform a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website