Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post Vasectomy Problems??
Anon_6119 posted:
I had a vasectomy approximately 4 months ago. I waited for the first sample 2 months as prescribed by the doctor and the first sample was clean. The doctor told me to wait another month and retest. I did that and he said there was a dead sperm in sample. I have done this twice. Anyone else with this same type problem in past?

georgiagail responded:
Are you masturbating regularly to clear yourself of active sperm?

Gail

Anon_6119 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes, trying to have at least 4 or more times a week. The doctor did state they were dead.

elle0317 replied to Anon_6119's response:
My husband had to be tested several times before he was finally 'cleaned out'. This is normal.

jss123 responded:
It took me six months to get rid of all my sperm. As your doctor probably told you Its not based on time, but on ejaculations. I'm guessing it took well over 40 ejaculations to get rid of them.

I got frustrated with being tested too, but its a necessary evil.
There's a small danger the vas deferens will re-attach, but its very unlikely. Be patient.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website