Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex and relationship
nissangirl2 posted:
I need some advice. So the first time I had sex it was sort of forced on me, so I didn't have a good experience. I didn't date for a few years because I was afraid of being around men alone.

I recently met a nice guy, and we've been dating for a few weeks. we made out and stuff , and he tried to get me to have sex, but I told him I was not ready, so he was nice about it and said okay tell me when you are.

I just don't know if I should tell him about my bad experience? I mean I like him a lot and it's not that I don't want to have sex with him. I am just nervous, and scared, but I also don't want to freak him out and tell him that I've only had intercourse once and it was not a good experience. I just don't want him to think less of me...

Any advice?
Thanks

Take the Poll

Should I tell him about my bad experience?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I don't know
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
Tell him about your first experience but keep in mind that first time sex is rarely satisfactory and often confusing and sometimes painful.

Why should he not think less of you because your first partner was a moron?

Gail

dfromspencer responded:
Absolutely, you have to tell him, so he understands why you have put him off!!! Don't worry about having no experience, or only one bad experience, I am sure he will understand completely, if he is a nice guy, like you say!

Listen to what Georgia Gail said, but I think she meant to say "why should he think less of you" Not, why should he not think less of you??? Leave out the NOT!

Most men, young or old, would understand that your first time was forced on you, and therefore was NOT good?! Most of us men are caring individuals, and would be very gentle with you, and try their hardest to make sex pleasurable for you?!!!

If you love this guy, and he makes you feel safe, go ahead, why not try again, you might find it very pleasurable??? Just don't rush it, if you are not ready! If he loves you, he will be patient!!!

Best of luck to you!!!

Dennis

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website