Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sex drive
sexychick0717 posted:
im 21 years old and recently i dont have a desire to have sex anymore im in love with my boyfriend and we are not having any problems so i know thats not the reason and im perfectly healty what could be the problem

dfromspencer responded:
Since this happened kinda sudden like, I would see your doctor, and ask for a hormonal balance check up?

This has happened to many women, young and old, so don't freak out, just see your doctor!!!

Best of luck to you!!!

Dennis

fcl responded:
Did you start a new type of birth control recently? Pill? Patch? Ring? Or did you change brands? That's often the first cause for loss of libido.

The second most likely cause is fatigue. Have you been working overtime? Doing more around the house than usual?

The third can be an event in your life that troubled you - bereavement, illness, losing a job, changing homes, starting a new job, loss of a friendship, etc.

Does anything in the above sound familiar?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

sexychick0717 replied to fcl's response:
ive been on the depo shot for probably about 8 years now but i didnt change brands that i kno of and i did quit my job and i am kinda upset about that cuz i realize how stupid it was

dfromspencer replied to sexychick0717's response:
Then it may be stress related? Try meditation/relaxation techniques? If you don't know of any, look it up on-line, you will find plenty!

I hope this helps?

Dennis

fcl replied to sexychick0717's response:
Sounds like you've found the root to your problem, then

OK, so the question is - what can you do about it? I suppose youi've been looking for another job ... Or would it be possible to go back to the job you left? Try to make time for yourself during the day. Do you exercise? Exercise is a great stress reliever. If not, this may be a good time to start. Walking is easy to add to your day. Swimming is GREAT for stress too.

Another thought is that sometimes just having sex even if you don't feel like it can make you feel a whole lot better. How about a week of waking him up for a quickie? Chances are high you'll enjoy it. Trust me - it's one of the best ways to start your day

I reckon your libido will came back all by itself once you solve your job situation.

Good luck!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website