Skip to content
Should I go with her to the doctor to make sure I ain't catch hiv from her
An_253147 posted:
We had unprotected sex on July 31st and August 1st about 5 or 6 times. She tells me a few days later that she was born with Hiv. She also tells me she undetectable and have a low viral load. I have no idea what that means and I'm scared for my life right now.

I did see my doctor 4 days after we had sex. He gave me 3 pills and said the pills might be able to kill it if I do have it. I also got tested but it was negative. I have to wait till aug 28 now. Should I go with her to her doctor? Her appointment Monday but its a 2 hour train ride from me. I live in Nyc. I'm stressed and haven't really slept since this happened

I just wish she told me before we had sex instead of after. I done cried and everything cause my life is a question mark right now. I have no idea if I have it

fcl responded:
Were you using condoms because they're the best protection against HIV (other than total abstinence) that there is?

Your first test was negative. The tests for the second test generally back up the first. The chances are low that you have caught HIV from her. However, it was incredibly irresponsible (and the word is weak ...) of her not to tell you beforehand.

I wish you all the best.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

georgiagail replied to fcl's response:
Check out the response to your posting at the sexually transmitted disease community forum here.

Gail

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website