Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Passing out during sex
genesiskiara posted:
Recently I have been passing out whenever my boyfriend and I have sex in the shower (this also is the only place it ever happens). On Sunday, we were having sex in the shower and happened again, this time however my boyfriend said instead of collapsing, I went ridged and my eyes went in different directions. After I blacked out I got incredibly nausea and vomited twice.
I'm worried, because its happen at least 3 times now and this last one was the worst.

georgiagail responded:
Isn't the obvious answer to not have sex in the shower?

It's the combination of the energy required to engage in intercourse AND the hot, humid environment of a shower that are causing changes in your blood pressure (i.e., drops in blood pressure), making you pass out.

Showers have lots of tile; one of these times you might do quite a bit of damage clunking yourself when you pass out and hit your head when you fall.

Gail

genesiskiara replied to georgiagail's response:
Haha, yes the only reason I'm worried is because its just been recently. Ive had shower sex before my current boyfriend and never had this happen. Also, my boyfriend I have been together a year now and we would have shower sex with no problem. So I'm wondering as to why is it happening now. In any case, I'm off to see a doctor today after work.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website