Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Obsessing over being fingered by dirty hands
An_253401 posted:
Hi everyone. This is my first post to webmd.

I am a bit of a germaphobe. This is extremely weird and embarassing to ask, but is it possible to catch something from being fingered by dirty hands? Last night we got carried away and he fingered me before I could make him to go wash his hands (why do I even have to ask?) He even handled his pet parrot before so I'm obsessing over catching some avian disease. I took a shower after but I'm afraid it's too late. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

georgiagail responded:
There is nothing to worry about regarding this matter.

And you will catch nothing from his pet parrot either.

"His" hands likely weren't dirty, they just weren't clean to your germaphobe standards. There's a difference.

Keep in mind that your vagina isn't a sterile environment either. There is bacteria and yeast normally present there also. Thus, it can take the presence of fingers without problems.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website