Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spooning problem.
Anon_6207 posted:
I can't do side by side (spooning) even though its my wife's favorite position. She is too tight for me.
She is normally very lubricated when we try so that's not a problem.

Is there any way of making this position work for us ?

stevesmw responded:
Is the problem entry or other. If it's entry, enter from missionary and roll over onto your side.

queston replied to stevesmw's response:
I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about side-by-side rear entry.

This is one of our favorite positions--it allows for a little more intimate interaction/touching than doggy, and it's one of the few positions where the man can easily reach the woman's clitoris during intercourse.

Start from another position where you've already achieved the initial penetration. She can open her legs enough to reach down and guide you in. (Since you won't be able to see where you're "aiming.") She may need to spread her labia a little with her fingers. It will also help the initial entry if she bends forward to "present the target" a little more.

Anon_6207 responded:
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.I can achieve penetration spooning.
I just find great difficulty thrusting. She is too tight in that position,
'm about 6" in circumference.
I was under the impression that is about average.

I was hoping there was a variant of the spooning position that would make it possible.

queston replied to Anon_6207's response:
Does it make a difference if she lifts up her top leg?

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website