Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Too young to not be in the mood....
An_253874 posted:
My fiance and I are in our mid 20s (I'm a couple years older than he). We have an 19 month old, an almost 1 year old puppy, and within the last 6 months have moved to a different state. In black and white it is clear we have a very stressful life right now.
But I'm only 26 and the thought of sex almost disgusts me. I'm waaaay to young to have these feelings.....
We want to build a family but adding another child to the mix in a year or two scares me even more. I'm not sure how much more I can handle!
Last night my fiance got "excited" and woke me up to have sex. One side of my brain was furious that he woke me up to get intimate! The other side was furious with myself that I'm turning into such a prude that I didn't want to have sex at "the horribly late hour of" 10:30....so I turned him down and then started crying. I feel like I'm going through a midlife crisis!
I don't want to keep turning him down, because I feel like I'm letting us down, but I literally have no desire at all.......
Thoughts, comments? Help!

georgiagail responded:
It's stress that's causing this. Make your life less stressful and things should improve.

Gail

dfromspencer responded:
Like GeorgiaGail said, distress your life as much as possible. Also, I would go to your doctor, first you will have to find one, I suppose? Anyway, have her run some hormone tests, you could be out of balance? I have heard of this, its worth a try, right?!

I wish you the best!!!

Dennis

fcl responded:
It's stress. You said it yourself. Look at things objectively:

1. You moved away from your familiar surroundings
  2. At least one of you has a new job
  3. You have a new home
  4. One of you may be out of work
  5. You may be worrying about paying bills in the new home
  6. You have a small child
  7. You have a new puppy

These are all potential sources of stress and fatigue. I'm sure that some of these will settle down in time but try not to let them get on top of you.

Stress and fatigue are two of the biggest libido killers that there are. So you need to find ways of de-stressing your life. How about exploring your new city together? Or finding a new place to take your baby every week (parks, playgrounds, libraries are also a good place to start because they often have reading events to mothers and small children)? How about signing up for a gym that has a baby-minding service? Do it as a family and not alone if you can.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website