Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Stretch marks and tears during intimacy
    Mrslizzyg0 posted:
    My husband and I have been married 3 and a half years. We used to be able to have sex with no problems.. But over the last 6 months I have started to get painful stretch marks every time we are intimate, and sometimes tear. We have tried everything! He makes sure I am ready. We use extra lube(tried diff brands)tried better positions.. Im so frustrated. Its getting in the way because it can be too painful for me to be available.. I have never had a baby to cause tears.. And the first 3 years this wasn't an issue.. Is there anything that can help? I am 22 years old and having a hard time looking at a future of painful sex and not truly pleasing my partner..I do not have insurance right now to go see my gyno.
    fcl responded:
    You do not need insurance to see a doctor. you will simply have to pay out of pocket.

    Your pain could be caused by a number of things. Read this and see if any of it sounds familiar:

    Once you identify the cause, you might be able to find the treatment. Or you might just have to see your doctor to deal with this.
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.
    Mrslizzyg0 replied to fcl's response:
    I am very aware you do not HAVE to have insurance for a doctors appt. i had a lot of medical issues im still paying off from a year ago so I am avoiding more debt. I started a new job and Ill have insurance kick in after about 2 more months.. To avoid the out of pocket expenses until then I am trying to see if there is anything I can do myself. I will look through the website.. Thanks.
    An_254056 replied to Mrslizzyg0's response:
    Then why don't you just get your husband to wait for the insurance to kick in since that seems to be more of a concern than your issue.
    Mrslizzyg0 replied to An_254056's response:
    Because Im obviously trying to see if I can do anything myself which Ive finally found there ARE no thanks to this post... That way my husband is waiting but action is being taken to try and solve. We both decided to wait for insurance. Ever had debt in your life and did what you could to avoid it? There is nothing wrong with that..And nothing wrong with looking for remedies in the mean time. I guess I was an idiot to think someone might actually understand that.
    georgiagail replied to Mrslizzyg0's response:
    Geeze lady, calm down. Sorry no one can give you an instant diagnosis and answer over the internet.

    An_254056 replied to Mrslizzyg0's response:
    The thing to do is just go to the doctor, whether you had insurance or not, if it was a huge concern to both parties. Unless you get a full work up done, a consultation shouldn't cost but so much. Your doctor knows your history and is more qualified than anyone here on this board. But since your significant other is comfortable with the wait, then just wait it out.

    Helpful Tips

    wallgreens lol seriously
    I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website