Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Problem during intimacy
An_254300 posted:
Lately, when my boyfriend I are intimate he gets really hot and sweaty and looses his erection suddenly. Does anyone know what would cause this?

georgiagail responded:
What happens when he stops and rests after this?

Gail

fcl responded:
It can be caused by overexcitement among other things ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

anchel1231 responded:
When the excitement comes over then the hormones reacts fasts so he comes down fast.....

sandandsurf responded:
Thank you everyone for the responses..

sandandsurf replied to georgiagail's response:
Well we just stop. I think he gets embarrassed and is afraid it will happen again. I never say anything to him about it though.

fcl replied to sandandsurf's response:
Try reassuring him that you don't mind. What he's suffering from is called performance anxiety. Once it happens, the guy worries about it happening again and that's why it does happen again. If he can put it out of his mind he'll be fine (and yes, I know, easier said than done). It will stop happening when he stops worrying about it.

Talking about it would probably help. Don't make him feel that it's his problem. Most importantly, don't make a big deal about it. Also, don't just stop (that probably makes him feel even worse). Continue with the foreplay next time and see what happens ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

kramer1961 replied to whimen1956's response:
Every guy loses an erection now an then. One possible reason is that he's trying hard NOT to orgasm so that you can climax first. The problem is that can lead to your man missing the wave, and then he'll lose erection...he'll be overstimulated.

A lot of guys have to try and supress orgasm because otherwise it will all be over in about a minute. I'm 60 years old and I can still orgasm very quickly if I so choose. When I delay, it can lead to over stimulation and then losing erection. Maybe I'm projecting here since it could be 20 other things, but I think this issue is a common one.

I think NOT discussing the issue is the only mistake. Sound him out, and get him to talk. Start by being frank yourself. Its hard, but that is the way through it.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website