Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
transgender
chargers051 posted:
I am a transgender male to female. my question is I want to start an estrogen regiment but will a doctor just give the go ahead and ok this for me so that I can live the life I have always wanted
FirstPrevious12NextLast

sluggo45692 responded:
Doing the transgender regiments are a very difficult process and no doctor I know of will JUST give you the estrogen regiment.
You have to have a mental health evaluation, a complete physical, and depending on where you live, you may need to contract legal services. There are specialty clinics for transgender. Look on the web for ones near you.

Good Luck

chargers051 replied to sluggo45692's response:
thank you that is helpful. my only question is why do we have to jump through so many hoops to become the person we really are

dfromspencer replied to chargers051's response:
Now days, its all about suing doctors for money, so, it leaves the rest of us wanting! You are in a very bad predicament, unless you have really super duper insurance?! It is exactly like Sluggo says!

The reason for all the hoops, it is to give you plenty of opportunities to stop, and just live as is. So many have gone under the knife, only to realize later on, that thy actually preferred having their manhood. So, after being sued several times, all the doctors protect themselves with all the hoops. If you succeed, and get this done, then it proves the doctor gave you plenty of time to chose!

If you do go through with it, I hope you come to love yourself as you are, a human being?!!!

I wish you luck, and success!!!

Dennis

sluggo45692 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Dennis is right about the suing of the doctors and malpractice insurance. Also other reasons it's so complicated is to make sure your doing what you want. I haven't done a lot of studing on this, but I'm pretty sure it takes about 2 years to finally get to the surgical part of it. Up until that point it can be reversed. Stop the meds, take out the breast, and you return to being what you started out at. Take a knife to your groin, there's no going back.

No matter what you decide to do, I hope you will love yourself. You have to love the person in the mirror, no matter what. You can't run away from them. You maybe mad at them or frustrated with them, but always love them. It's the only person you can count on.

Good Luck

chargers051 replied to sluggo45692's response:
I can understand that it is just a process that has to be done and I know once I go under the knife its final but that's what I want I have been feeling this way since I was about 11 and my parents wouldn't help me so I had to wait to get on my own to do this. besides after the operation there wont be people wanting to hurt me for wearing dresses and skirts and doing my make up

Well, you sound pretty sure of yourself? Not sure how old you are, in reference to 11 years old? But, you do say you are out on your own. That is all that matters, then?! You are an adult, as an one, you are entitled to make your own life choices!

Therefore, allow me to be the first to congratulate you?! On this site, any way? You probably have been congratulated by many before me?! More that wish you well in life?!

Its hard to believe, in this day and age, that there is still hatred, and bigotry in this country?! For crying out loud, its 2014 already!!! People need to get over themselves, and start loving their fellow man, once again!!!

I wish you lots of happiness in your new life, make-up, and dresses too!!! I hear there is some new red pumps, out?

D.

dfromspencer replied to dfromspencer's response:
Sorry, should have proof read, first?! That line, "You are an adult, and... Should have read, "You are an adult, and as one, you are entitled to make your own life choices!"

D.

chargers051 replied to dfromspencer's response:
well thank you. im 26 now so I have been fighting this for awhile hiding from myself and I cant do it anymore. I should have the right to choose my future so 15yrs of running from the truth

saw I had 2 replies idk where they went though?

Not sure where they went, either? That does happen sometimes on this site, and others.
15 years of running/hiding from yourself? I have no idea as to how you did that? Why did you do that? In this day, you mostly no longer have to fear being "different"?! Most everyone now accepts the differences in others. However, there still are bigots and just plain haters of anything different still out there, and that, is just soooo unfortunate!!!
When I look around, I see many different people out there? No one person is an exact duplicate, not even twins. There is always "something" different. I see that everyone wears "different" clothing? EVERYONE is DIFFERENT, whether anyone else likes to admit it or not! Even a bigot is different than say, a Christian? No Christian that truly believes, would ever say things a bigot would say, makes them different, eh?
We are all different, embrace the difference!!!

So, when will you know if you can get er, shall we say "different"??? Ok, ok, not so funny! Have you any clue yet? I for one, hope its very soon!!! You have been waiting long enough!!!
Good luck in your life, now, and forever!!!

D.

fcl replied to chargers051's response:
Disappearing replies often have to do with them being contrary to the WebMD rulebook. As often as not it's spam or an ad.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl replied to chargers051's response:
"I should have the right to choose my future so 15yrs of running from the truth"

OK, so 15 years have now gone. You now know who you are and who you want to be. You DO have the right to choose your future but you have to accept that it cannot happen overnight. What's another 2 years to go through the system? It's there as much for your protection and your education/training - you have to learn to be a woman, learn to live with your changing body - and that doesn't happen at the drop of a hat). as for that of the doctors. Take the first step on your journey to your new life today and make an appointment.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

well idk when its gonna happen I need to talk to my doctor and its gonna be a work in progress but well worth it. well its been a hard road to hide from the truth my family refuses to accept it so living under their roof I had no choice but when I would get "dressed up" I would either have to do in a public place out of town or hidden in my room and who wants to get all dolled up just to stay in your room and do nothing makes no sense to me. now that I have my freedom I can do it as I please even shopping for new clothes is easier

chargers051 replied to fcl's response:
yes that is the plan got to set the appointment and its a long journey to being happy. but why live unhappy right

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website