Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help from anyone who has experienced herpes.
hilly123 posted:
Don't know if I have herpes???? I've heard you're always overcome with terrible symptoms during an outbreak. Is this always true. My urethra hurt like hell for a week, but no other symptoms exactly 2 months after possible exposure. I also had (have) a prickly feeling in the tip of the urethra and itching around. Now my new partner said she has itching down there and unusual discharge. Once, a number of months ago she complained of a painful pimple down there but no symptoms. The confusing part is I have tested negative (Igg) on 4 separate occasions over a two year period from possible exposure. Any input appreciated.

queston responded:
I don't know too much about herpes, there are other possible explanations. If she has itching and a discharge, it could simply be a yeast infection. When my wife was younger (before menopause), she got them from time to time, and I could actually tell sometimes before she could--I'd have the symptoms you described after intercourse.

If your partner hasn't had yeast infections before, she may not recognize one.

Of course, going to the doctor is always a good call if STDs might be involved.

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website