Skip to content
Slight urethra burning/irritation after unprotected sex, please help.
xpresleyx posted:
I've been dating this girl for a little over a month now, and so far we have only been having sex with each other. Last month around New Years we had sex without a condom for the first time. Everything was fine until about 2 days later when I noticed I had Slight irritation and burning sensation in my urethra. It did not hurt when I urinated, no discharges, no sores or bumps, no flaking, just this irritation and slight burning feeling. Not extreme at all, but definitely there. I immediately went to the dr after it not getting better in two days, and he assumed it was gonorrhea. He took my urine and blood and sent it to a lab, meanwhile gave me antibiotics which would cure gonorrhea and gave me a shot in case it was chlymidia. My results came back and I tested negative for everything. I finished my pills and the burning went away. I had my partner also get tested and she came back negative for everything too. We used condoms for about a month until last night we didn't use one for the first time since the time explained above. About 20 minutes after sex, the same exact burning and irritation sensation is back. This time it was instantly and not a few days later. So I'm thinking to myself what the hell could it be If were both clean, yet I'm getting this burning feeling after unprotected sex with her. It's a constant feeling too, last time it was there for about a week, and I'm not sure if it just went away on its own or if the pills cured it. I assumed it was a uti or a yeast infection, but I doubt it would happen twice. So here I am again with the same thing and I'm frustrated. I'll go back to the dr and tell him everything and see what he says, but I'm sure he will just give me pills again and tell me to wait it out. Anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? I read online that maybe the ph levels of her vaginal fluids could be slightly acidic and maybe that's it? I'm lost. Any help would be truly appreciated.

nohard responded:
Hi I think its just that your not combatable when it comes to unprotected sex, its your body's make with hers, they just don't get on together when you have unprotected sex, this probable why your doctor is scratching his head.
Through life this can happen, have you had unprotected sex with any other women, and did this happen?
Any help

dfromspencer responded:
Nohard may have it right? You and your G.F. may be incompatible when it comes to unprotected sex? Her vagina fluids may be too acidic for your penis? Since this has happened both times you have had unprotected sex, it would be a good bet?!

There are ways to treat this, it is treated like an allergy, if I remember right? You and her will be tested, and then, you will be a guinea pig for the trials. Yep, they will stick you with a lot of needles, but if you love this lady, and plan on having a life with her, that will have to be discussed?!

Or, continue to have protected only sex??? Sorry!

Dennis

xpresleyx replied to nohard's response:
Thanks for the reply, Nohard. Yes, I was with my previous (first) girlfriend for about 13 months. We had unprotected sex a handful of times and not once did this occur. I was suppose to go back to my dr this morning but I didn't have time this morning before work. I'm wondering if I should wait this out to see if it is just allergic reaction and see if it takes care of itself?

xpresleyx replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hmmmm treated like an allergy, interesting. So I mean should I even go back and talk to my dr or just wait it out ? And that's the thing though, we aren't exclusive yet. She isn't ready for a serious relationship... So I shouldn't even have had unprotected sex to begin with. But in the heat of the moment bad choices are made, and this is what I have to deal with now I guess.

nohard responded:
Hi Have a good read of this link, the bit on sexual side of coconut oil, its something that may help you out of your problem.
The Link,
http://www.leaflifestyle.com/7-reasons-why-coconut-oil-is-natures-miracle/
Do hope this helps you.
Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website