Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
why does sex reduce your life span?
Anon_145116 posted:
this fact has been shown by far east's emperors' male servants , eunuchs, who easily outlived their oversexed / over indulgent emperors http://todaynewsgazette.com/eunuchs-live-longer/
also this has been shown in animals who have been castrated too.
could masturbation also reduce your life span? perhaps reducing length of telemores?

interested. if possible kindly give references
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
From this study this has nothing to do with whether one has sex (or how often, how long, with who or alone, etc.) but rather the effect of testosterone and any disease producing effect it may have.

Gail

nohard responded:
Hi I think you need to do some reading regarding sex and the human race, your find couples who have regular sex enjoy good long lives. but this sex, and not masturbating.
When we have sex it releases lots of lovely chemicals around our body's, and its these that do the longer living in us.
You should try it sometime.
Good Luck

bigred53 replied to nohard's response:
IMO emporers in olden times were self-indulgent, lazy, overeating and drinking idiots. Maybe if they had eaten a healthy diet, gotten some exercise other than sex and stopped drinking so much alcohol they might have lived a lot longer. Just saying.

Michelle

sluggo45692 replied to bigred53's response:
I'd much rather have sex and a short life, than no sex and nothing to look forward to. Why would you want to?

Good Luck

fcl replied to sluggo45692's response:
This makes me think of the old saying "if you give up smoking, drinking and sex you won't live longer but it sure as heck will feel like it".
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

nohard replied to bigred53's response:
See Michelle that's why the eunuch's lived longer, did not over eat, did not drink, spent the rest of there time looking after the women, what a great life, bet the had good tongues though.

dfromspencer responded:
I can't speak for the old Emperors, but I sure do love sex! What they did, they did in excess! I think its their overeating, and drinking too much is what did them in early?

If you eat right, exercise, and have lots of sex, masturbation included, the endorphins it releases will help you live a good, long life?!

Conversely; if you overeat, and don't eat enough good veggies and fruits, and do not exercise, and drink to excess, yea, no matter how much sex you do have, will not help you live long?!

Conclusion; when you eat right, exercise, don't smoke or drink to excess, and have plenty of sex in all forms, you should be able to live a very long life?!

Eunichs, well, that's a whole nuther story! LOL! Poor guys, had their ho hoo's chopped off?! OUCH!!!

Dennis

nixodian replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail
thanks for reply,
Little confusing, since exercising for males increases your testosterone, sex hormones, as does sex or masturbation. why this contradicition?

Anon_145116 replied to nohard's response:
thats the same as masturbation right? maybe to a lesser degree?

bigred53 replied to Anon_145116's response:
Eunuchs had their testicles removed - not th whole package. And they were still able to get erections and have intercourse but not impregnate the harem.

Michelle

Anon_475 replied to nixodian's response:
It's not a contradiction. Testosterone is produced in the testicles. If you don't have your testicles any more you can't produce testosterone and you can exercise as much as you like but that won't change a thing.

nohard replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle, I never realised eunuchs could get an erection? but found this good site cover most things on eunuchs and getting erections,
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/810818
some of the stuff is interesting.

kramer1961 replied to nohard's response:
I've never heard of this, but if you've read it somewhere it must be true. My guess though is that you don't live longer without sex, it just seems longer.

kram

georgiagail replied to kramer1961's response:
I was thinking the same thing!

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website