Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctor, what Doctor???
dfromspencer posted:
I'm surprised and shocked?!!! There used to be a Doctor on this community? What happened??? Who do we turn to for medical expertise???

I guess its up to us to help ourselves, now???

I hope I never need any help, I don't think I'm going to get any here?

What a shame!!! I suppose its all about the money? Like everything else!!!

D.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

nohard responded:
Hi Dennis, perhaps its got to a point were they thing, we do not need a doctor, were to good,

Just a thought

NOWHARD

jss123 responded:
I actually think sometimes we do miss having a doctor on this forum. Personal experience doesn't always match having a medical opinion.

dfromspencer replied to nohard's response:
Thanks Nowhard,

I think you are right? We really are better than any doctor, any day, Right??? Right!!!

Dennis

dfromspencer replied to jss123's response:
Hi jss,

Perhaps you are right? We may have tons of personal experience, but we sure as heck don't have the required learning!

Take care!

Dennis

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, considering they fired all the moderators over a year ago I'm not surprised.

kramer1961 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
There are plenty of doctors available, but they expect to be paid for their services. So it is in part about money. Shouldn't it be?

kram

billnjenn responded:
Money makes the world go round.

Not surprised some here don't want a doctor who would quickly debunk some of their advice and stop them from linking to sites where snake oil salesmen try and sell you devices that don't work and drugs that could be harmful and certainly don't work just to make a few bucks.

Most of the advice here is worth what you pay for it. Some will cost you more than a doctor visit in the long run.

bigred53 replied to billnjenn's response:
billnjenn

If you dislike this site and the other posters so much why don't you just go away!

Michelle

kramer1961 replied to billnjenn's response:
No argument there, Bill, but then how could any advice overcome the target individuals ability to sift the good from the bad?

Its like the definition of horticulture: you can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her learn.

kram

fcl replied to billnjenn's response:
It doesn't take a doctor to stop (advertising) links to commercial sites - all it takes is for you to hit Report This and let WebMD know ... and the post will be removed.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

sluggo45692 replied to fcl's response:
fcl is right. I've reported many advertising links to WebMD and they were removed.

Dennis,
I wasn't here when this site had a MD or moderators. I can tell you if you try to get phone advise from your local doctor or medical facility, they will tell you to come in or go to the E.R. Liability is an ugly thing. A layman can post on here personal experiance and not be sued. A MD can be and loss their lively hood. So can this web site.

I love the experts here, but they can not treat, diagnosis, or exam the people here. The can only boost a discussion or make a statement on it.

Yes, we can tell kram his joke was funny (it was) or we can tell kram it was insulting to a service oriented person. It's our opinion or view of the subject. (by the way Michelle. thank you). We can only give our life experiences. I hope everyone keeps that in mind when the comment on others.

Good Luck

bigred53 replied to sluggo45692's response:
I think there are a lot of very smart people who post on the various boards and I have never seen anyone claim to be an expert. We post what we know through personal experiences or something that has worked for us. Sometimes I'd like to ask some people why are they here and not at the doctor.

Another thing that really bothers me to no end are those who act as if they know everything and criticize and put down others who are sincerely trying to help.

I have quite a lot of life experience and I read a lot. I have always been willing to share what I know and be of assistance to others seeking knowledge. I am also willing to learn new things and I hope that I can be open minded enough to consider ideas different from mine.

Personally I abhor pettiness and strife. It does not belong here. It's fine to have differences but imo it is not fine to put others down because they have a different opinion and experiences than they do. I thought that we were all adults here and that we could have civilized discussions and learn from each other too.

Sluggo, flc, steve, Gail, Dennis, question, nohard and all the regulars I missed I have learned a lot from all of you. You have made me think outside the box. I only hope that you might have learned something from me.

Btw thanks sluggo.

I hope that we can all continue to come here to help others and offer encouragement to those in need.

Take care and be safe my friends!

Michelle

billnjenn replied to bigred53's response:
Maybe a link to help with reading comprehension. I neither said I disliked the site or individuals posting here. I did agree with the poster who said it was helpful when doctors chimed in here, especially when a poster's advice was clearly not appropriate.
Sorry you feel like you need to try and chase away those that disagree with you and amazed that you are so confident in your OPINION that you make the attempt.

I suppose reporting those that seem to a financial interest in the advice they give and link to sites that sell products, especially ones proven to be of little or no benefit, but I had hoped we could police ourselves better.

bigred53 replied to billnjenn's response:
Same goes billnjenn.

Have a nice day.

Michelle

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website